vi var alla unga, mer eller mindre begåvade och vi var vackra

25/03/2010

MARIA #15 - WHALES


yesterday I ate whale for the first time in my life. I ate it both raw and slightly fried and it was really good, although I felt cruel and although I the day before yesterday said that I would never eat whale. you see when I first moved to iceland in 2005 I lived on the countryside in a place called Hvalfjordur, which means "the whale fjord" and many times I stared across the fjord trying to spot something moving and coming up for air, but I never saw anything. One day I went to a whale slaughter house, its not so much a house but a big ramp filled with huge hooks and bones as big as cars which I where told are whale ribs. I was completely horrified and fascinated at the same time. it was so quiet there, and so much blood had streamed down that ramp into the ocean.


today i watched the fifth element and cried because love conquers all (and destroys all evil) but is hard to find. I think I am allergic to dairy and I just had a four cheese pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment